Witnesses are frequently required to write statements or reports. This course will provide clear guidance on the structure, content and style of written evidence. Delegates will consider how to include evidence in notes, documents, photos, plans, calculations, research and more.
- Identifying the key stages in writing a report/statement
- Dealing with strengths and weaknesses in facts, assumptions and opinions
- How to write in a clear, concise and accessible manner
- Analysis of the structure, content and style of a report/statement
- Considering how to set out a well-reasoned and objective opinion
- Using objective competency criteria to assess report/statement writing
- Consideration of relevant rules in the Criminal Procedure Rules and Practice Directions
- Including the formalities; conflicts of interest, statements of truth and compliance.
- Practical exercises and critiquing of reports to demonstrate best practice