Expert Witness – Band 1 Top Ranked Chambers and Partners Litigation Support 2022.
The firm are Top Ranked at Band 1 (the highest band) in Chambers Litigation Support 2022 with the following finding: “They are excellent. They have a full understanding of the process and pressure consistent with being a witness in large cases.”
The firm was ranked in 2019, 2020 and 2021 with the following descriptive entry: LET’s witness training programme is “well structured” and “a step ahead of its competition.” .
Witness evidence is a vital part of any hearing. Witnesses will gain an understanding of the practice and procedure in giving evidence and through role play, learn how to handle cross examination tactics with confidence.
- Understanding the court procedures, processes and practices and protocol
- Effective case preparation before a hearing and liaison with others
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses in the evidence
- Dealing with attacks on the evidence and the witness
- Understanding the purpose of examination in chief, cross-examination and re-examination
- Dealing with questioning under cross-examination with confidence, credibility and clarity
- Learning how to advance strengths in evidence and deal with challenges to evidence
- Understanding how to use documents and other exhibit evidence in hearings
- Do’s and don’ts for witnesses
- Developing a toolkit for giving effective evidence
- Practical mock cross-examination role-play with feedback