Witness evidence is a vital part of any hearing. Witnesses will gain an understanding of the practice and procedure in giving evidence and through role play, learn how to handle cross examination tactics with confidence.
- Understanding the court procedures, processes and practices
- Effective case preparation before a hearing
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses in the evidence
- Dealing with attacks on the evidence and the witness
- Understanding the purpose of examination in chief and cross- examination
- Dealing with questioning under cross-examination with confidence, credibility and clarity
- Learning how to advance evidence and deal with challenges to evidence
- Understanding how to use documents and other evidence in hearings
- Do’s and don’ts for witnesses
- Developing a toolkit for giving effective evidence
- Practical mock cross-examination role-plays with feedback.