This introduction to expert witness work will provide experts with the legal knowledge, skills and confidence to carry out their role. The courses are fun, innovative and interactive. The course is designed for those who are new to expert witness work or those who assist others in expert witness work. The course will demonstrate the duties and responsibilities of expert witnesses including how to write reports and how those reports are challenged in the litigation process.
- How to write an expert witness CV
- Understanding the roles, responsibilities and duties of the expert witness – the do’s and don’ts
- Managing terms and conditions and fees
- Considering the legal requirements for an expert witness report
- Tips on report writing – content, structure, language and style
- Analysing how to write an independent, objective well reasoned report that deals with strengths and weaknesses in the evidence and avoids judicial criticism
- Using group discussion of a report and objective competency criteria to assess a report
- Practical cross-examination to demonstrate how experts and their reports are challenged under cross-examination.