We invite you to join our Refresher Expert Witness Training.
The firm is Top Ranked in Band 1 in Chambers Litigation Support 2022 and 2023 for training. Chambers say: “They are excellent. They have a full understanding of the process and pressure consistent with being a witness in large cases.” We were Top Ranked in 2019, 2020 and 2021 with the following descriptive entry: LET’s witness training programme is “well structured” and “a step ahead of its competition”.
The refresher training is designed for experts who have already attended formal expert witness training and/or those who have experience of writing expert witness reports, attending expert witness meetings and giving evidence at hearings in tribunal/arbitrations or courts. It will be a practical day based on discussion of case studies and practical exercises with opportunity for questions about the role of an expert witness. The expert will see the link between the process of compiling a report and giving evidence effectively.
- Evaluating recent case law concerning the weight, reliability and credibility of expert evidence.
- Analysing how to transition from advisory expert to party appointed expert.
- Anticipating and avoiding the signs of bias and handling conflicts of interest.
- Considering the role and duty of an expert in disclosure and the equality of arms principle.
- Analysing the planning of skeleton reports and the writing of expert reports.
- Identifying pitfalls in report writing and avoiding applying legal or evidential tests.
- Producing an objective, reasoned report including strengths and weaknesses in evidence.
- Reviewing case law concerning expert conduct in expert witness meetings / joint statements.
- Refreshing on the process of case preparation for a hearing and evidence giving.
Civil Expert Witness Refresher Training
Civil Expert Witness Refresher – 18 July 2023
Please contact us on info@legalexperiencetraining to speak to one of our legal course designers.