Health and Social Care Professionals are frequently required to gather information and to make an assessment based on the evidence presented to them.
- Effective planning and preparation for an interview
- How to structure an interview including the funnelling technique
- Using different questioning techniques; open, closed, specific, probing and confirmatory
- Handling inconsistencies in the account given by the interviewee and other available evidence
- Maintaining an appropriate record of interview
- Dealing with disclosure and confidentiality
- Carrying out role-play in relation to conducting fact-finding, investigative or diagnostic interviews in a range of situations and receiving detailed and constructive feedback on areas to improve and areas that are performed effectively, delegates can identify their strengths and weaknesses.