Health and Social Care Professionals may find themselves having to give evidence in a range of hearings. These hearings may be internal or external and may include civil, criminal or employment cases. Giving evidence without an awareness of the process can lead to unnecessary stress and an inability to provide medical information and explanations clearly and with confidence.
- Understanding the process and procedures in hearings
- Effective preparation before a hearing
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses in the evidence
- Understanding the purpose of examination in chief and cross- examination
- Dealing with questioning under cross-examination with confidence, credibility and clarity
- Understanding how to use notes, documents and other evidence
- Do’s and don’ts for witnesses
- Practical role-play with feedback
- Developing a toolkit for giving effective evidence.