This module will provide delegates with the skills to structure interviews to systematically obtain evidence topic by topic. They will be given a methodology to enable them to prepare effectively for interviews. They will learn how to use different questioning techniques such as open, closed, probing and specific, confirmatory, completeness and challenging questions. These questioning techniques will be practiced in role play with detailed feedback.
- Effective planning and preparation; identifying, issues, facts and evidence
- Structure interviews using the PEACE method and the funnelling technique
- Using different questioning techniques such as open, closed, specific, probing, confirmatory and challenging
- Identifying the legal and procedural requirements for an interview
- Using different interviewing models (cognitive and conversation management) with victims, witnesses and subjects/suspects
- Handling denials, omissions, exaggerations, fabrications, inconsistencies and memory loss l
- Dealing with disclosure, documents and exhibits during interview.