This module enables delegates to effectively identify and collect evidence in a structured manner. They will develop an understanding of the rules of evidence and their impact on the admissibility, reliability and weight of evidence. The importance of best practice record keeping and practical tips on how to evaluate the evidence will provide delegates with excellent skills in analysis, process and practice. There will be practical case studies throughout the day.
- Considering and evaluating the relevant legal or regulatory framework
- Identifying the types of evidence; real, documentary, interview and witness
- Examining rules of evidence; admissibility, reliability, credibility and weight of the evidence
- Identifying and distinguishing the difference between facts, assumptions and opinions
- Conducting case analysis and developing a structured frame work for evidence evaluation
- Establishing a methodology for best practice records.