Witness Familiarisation – Experts and witnesses of fact – Litigation Support.
Band 1 Top Ranked Chambers and Partners Litigation Support 2022.
Legal Experience Training is a leading provider of Witness Familiarisation for experts and witnesses of fact across the UK and internationally, established in 2009 by two senior barristers/judge and a solicitor. The firm are regularly instructed direct by public sector and corporate clients, by law firms and by recommendations from Members of the Bar. The courses are accredited and approved by several Professional Bodies.
The firm have expertise in preparing witnesses giving evidence in the High Court, County Court, Crown Court, Magistrates Court, family proceedings, international arbitrations, tribunals, arbitrations and regulatory hearings. We often prepare witnesses to give evidence in courts, international arbitrations, domestic arbitrations, tribunals and regulatory hearings where millions/billions of pounds are at stake. We also provide familiarisation to witnesses involved in cases of great personal and professional importance to the individuals concerned. The firm are Top Ranked at Band 1 (the highest band) in Chambers Litigation Support 2022 with the following finding: “They are excellent. They have a full understanding of the process and pressure consistent with being a witness in large cases.”
We have experience assisting witnesses from or giving evidence in the following jurisdictions: United Kingdom, The Channel Islands, UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Russia, Ukraine, USA, France, Germany, Norway, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, India, Brazil, Trinidad and Tobago.
A summary of what the Witness Familiarisation session will cover:
- Understanding the court procedures, processes and practices
- Understanding the role of the witness to be honest, clear and objective
- Effective case preparation before a hearing
- Evaluating how to present evidence to best effect
- Understanding the purpose and techniques of cross- examination
- Dealing with questioning under cross-examination with confidence, credibility and clarity
- Understanding how to use documents and other evidence in hearings
- Do’s and don’ts for a witness and tips for survival in the witness box
- Practical cross-examination role-play (not on the facts of the actual case).