Legal Experience Training is a leading provider of Witness Familiarisation across the UK and Internationally. The courses are accredited and approved by several Professional Bodies. The Legal Experience Training team includes solicitors and barristers all of whom are experienced tutors with a track record of delivering highly effective sessions. We have expertise in working with witnesses giving evidence in a range of legal fora, including the High Court, the County Court, Arbitrations, Tribunals, Crown Court, Magistrates Court, disciplinary hearings, Employment Tribunals, Depositions, Professional Conduct and Regulatory hearings, Planning inquiries, Coroner’s Inquests and in other Jurisdictions including the in the UAE, USA and Europe.
We have particular expertise in supporting witnesses giving evidence in complex and high value cases both within the UK and Internationally. Our clients include the top 20 law firms in the UK and Internationally.
A summary of what the Witness Familiarisation session will cover:
- Understanding the court procedures, processes and practices
- Understanding the role of the witness to be honest, clear and objective
- Effective case preparation before a hearing
- Evaluating how to present evidence to best effect
- Understanding the purpose and techniques of cross- examination
- Dealing with questioning under cross-examination with confidence, credibility and clarity
- Understanding how to use documents and other evidence in hearings
- Do’s and don’ts for a witness and tips for survival in the witness box
- Practical mock cross-examination role-play on a case study unrelated to the facts in the real case.